Thursday, June 5, 2008

Facing the Giants



I finally watched 'Facing the Giants.' Yes....I am way behind. The movie came out in 2006 I think! But God's timing is perfect...always. I really needed this movie last night.

If you haven't seen the movie....you need to! I am not going to spoil it for you.

What I got out of the movie was that when we live a life that honors God in all we do, God shows up. Nothing is impossible for God. I have felt like Satan has been throwing roadblock after roadblock in my way as I try to move into ministry....roadblocks that in my human-ness seem impossible to overcome. But I want to put Satan on notice here and now.... "I am going to praise God when I win...and praise God when I lose. Your roadblocks will NEVER stop that! I serve a BIG God....and NOTHING is impossible for Him!" I completely, 100% believe that God wants to use me in a big way to reach people who have yet to know Him. God will take care of the roadblocks....big things are going to happen.....and God will get ALL of the glory!

My favorite quote from the movie is one that is easily missed. The coach is huddling with the team before a game and says to them "Stay focused, Play hard, Honor God." That is my new personal vision statement!

Stay Focused
Play Hard
Honor God

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications