Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I've been on the road....

For the last 3 Sundays, I have been visiting other churches in the area. Don't freak out! No need to get your FOTLs in a knot....I am not looking to go any where new..... I mean I LOVE this place. But I have been visiting other churches who do multi-site video venues (like what we are going to be doing in Toccoa)to see how they do it and maybe get some ideas, advice, encouragement, and lots of free coffee and donuts!

May 25th-
Visited Seacoast Greenville Campus. Seacoast is a pioneer in the multi-site movement. Got to meet this guy, Chris Surratt. He is the Campus Pastor there and very cool guy.

June 1st-
Greg hooked me up with an article from the Anderson-Daily News a couple of weeks ago. In the article it talked about several 'multi-site' churches in the area. The one that really peaked my interest was this one, Real Life Fellowship. This church is our of Corpus Christi, Tx and has a site in Hartwell Ga.......this I had to see. I contacted the Campus Pastor, Bill Davidson and set up a visit. Bill was super cool....made me feel very welcome and the people were very eager to show me what they do!

June 8th-
This past week I visited 12stone in Lawerenceville, GA. They have a huge campus near the Mall of Ga...but I was interested in their video venue site on Hamilton Mill. I had emailed with the Campus Pastor, Kevin Queen several weeks ago but going there this week was a last minute decision, so he didn't know that I was coming. Let me tell you this..... they do a GREAT job at Hamilton Mill. The facility is awesome, the people, were great and they had an awesome guest worship leader!

Next week I am tentatively planning on going to North Point Browns Bridge in Cumming GA. I am preparing myself now to be totally blown away..... If anyone would like to go with me just comment back or email me at shannonchiles@foothillscc.org.

Also, June 29th, Amy and I will be going to North Point Buckhead. We will be on our way out of town for some R&R, but Sunday morning we are going to visit Buckhead. This multi-site venue of North Point is the pinnacle, the mac-daddy, the benchmark for how multi-site video venues can be done. I can't wait! We are going to go to the 9:00 service and would love to have anybody who wants to meet us there do so. Just let me know and we will hook up.

Stay Focused
Play Hard
Honor God

Shannon

No comments: