Friday, June 20, 2008

Let's go!

I just wanted everyone to know that I have officially given my notice at Square D Company, my employer for the last 16 years and will officially start my new career as the Toccoa Campus Pastor on July 1!

We closed on our new home in Toccoa this past Tuesday (huge God thing!) and will be doing a lot of work there before we move in.

I am so humbled that God has chosen to use me this way. I have spent a lot of time over the last couple months in Toccoa looking for houses and church locations and just driving around and the more I am there, the more excited I get. There is a feeling about Toccoa that feels like people are really searching for something to give them purpose and I am convinced that Foothills will be a place that people will come, find that purpose through a devoted life in Jesus Christ, and their lives will flourish. I can't wait! Peoples lives are going to change...eternities are going to change...and God is going to be glorified!

Things to pray for -
1. Location, location, location! - God already knows where he wants us....pray that God will lead us to it soon.

2. Worship Leader - We are still looking for a person to lead our Worship in Toccoa. This position is HUGE because this person will set the tone weekly for how our Sunday morning experience is received. Again....God already knows who....pray that we find him soon.

3. Childrens Director - We are looking for a part-time childrens director to be over our childrens ministry and Planet Kids. This person has got to be totally soldout to providing an incredible environment and experience for our children on Sunday mornings! Once again, God already knows who.....

4. Personal committment. Pray and ask God what He wants you to do as part of the Toccoa Campus. There are so many volunteer needs that are going to need to be met...First Impressions (greeting, hospitality, parking), Technical (sound, lighting, video), childrens ministry (infants - K5), Planet Kids (grades 1-5), facilities (set-up and tear down if we decide on a portable location), Lifegroup leaders.

5. Me. Please pray for me. I want to be the absolute best Pastor that I can be. I also knows that Satan wants the exact opposite. People matter to God and they matter to me and I am totally sold-out and committed to reaching those people for Christ simply because I KNOW that Jesus changes lives. I expect to be attacked and discouraged from all sides. Pray that I stay focused on our vision at Foothills and the reason we do church the way we do church...and that is simply this "to take people who are far from God, and turn them into fully devoted followers of Christ."

Stay Focused
Play Hard
Honor God

1 comment:

Johnny Rohrbeck said...

Right on man. I'm excited for you. Chat soon,
Johnny