Monday, June 23, 2008

Troutville, Wifi, and Prayer

I had to drive to meet my parents halfway between their house and mine to swap back my children. My parents currently live outside of Philly and my daughters all went up there this past week to, among other things, go watch the Olympic Trials for the women's Olympic gymnastics team.

I arrived a little ahead of schedule at the designated Cracker Barrel in Troutville, Virginia. Yep...Troutville! Sounds like a cool place....? Anyway with a little bit of time to kill I decided to drive around and find some free Wi-Fi! I am still not cool enough to have an iphone. (Actually not light enough to have an iphone. My wife told me I can get one when I lose 20lbs!) So, I drove around until I found some free Wi-Fi outside the local Red Roof Inn. I love this....pull up and have free instant access, internet connection! Woooo Hoooo!

Still there is an even better, free, instant access connect that we can get anywhere.... and that is prayer. Prayer is such a cool gift from God. A way to connect with him....converse....tell him our joys our sorrow, what we are feeling, what we are dealing with, and most importantly to let him know how much we love him! Have you made that connection today? If not, make sure you put aside some time to link-up, upload your praise, and download God's endless grace.

Stay Focused
Play Hard
Honor God

No comments: